Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sneak peak - Halloween costumes from my weekend shoots


Look out! It's a scary bear!!


Phew! It's just the adorable Owen.

My fun - albeit crazy - weekend started in Boston for a baby photo shoot. Then driving through the rain Saturday night for my monthly April Glass shop day of mini-sessions on Sunday. The weather was iffy but we got outside both days. If you missed out but want to come next time, be sure to follow me on twitter and become a fan on Facebook so you get the updates. But both will recur before the holidays.

Luckily I got to fit in some time with my family and the children were uniformly wonderful. Some even wore costumes!

Before children grasp the concept of Halloween (candy, mainly) they still look terrific all dressed up. I'm partial to food or animal costumes for the first year, in a non-Geddes way. As Owen shows us (above) there's something silly about a harmless cooing baby dressed as a Grizzly bear.


Catherine rocks her Strawberry Kiss costume while swinging a bear (not Owen, fear not)

As for food, whether it's a peapod, banana or in Catherine's case strawberry, it just seems to make children even sweeter. Plus it's the closest they'll get to health food on Halloween.

And because my daughter humored me last week when her costume came in, here's a sneak peak of her all dressed up. 


She is NOT amused. But did manage to leave the hat on a good 5 minutes.

Yes, that's right, she's a garden gnome. Now the only question is what my husband and I should wear. Should we go as an over-the-top couple who may have a gnome in their garden? Or maybe fellow lawn ornaments - a pink flamingo? a Victorian gazing ball? Who cares? Everyone will be looking at the baby anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment