Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Fun - archival babies


I loved Life Magazine growing up. When I worked at People.com, they stopped printing even the newpaper insert they'd been reduced to a few years earlier. It made me sad to see their sign removed by the elevator bank on their old floor leaving only the faded silhouette of their letters on the wall.

Their website is an amazing treasure trove of archival photography. I love how they capture American living through the years while balancing artistry and accessibility. This week they published a slideshow of the 30 Dumbest Inventions - there are a lot of gems and it's definitely worth flipping (er, clicking) through. Of course I naturally adored the baby products most. The horrifying idea of a baby cage is somehow hilarious in the wholesome photo above.



Soothing boob for young children Perfectly reasonable.



This is kind of adorable though. Baby carrier for two

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment