Thursday, October 1, 2009

Calling all parents groups!


Kieran, one of my daughter's friends from our parents group, who I photographed in his home last weekend

I don't know how we could have survived the first year of parenthood without my amazing local parents' group. The larger group from whence it sprang is Sunnymoms, but my little playgroup is also dad-friendly. Sunnymoms is a wonderful resource, with over 500 moms from the neighborhood posting, hosting events, using the numbers for consumer discounts, and just general support and info especially for new moms. Our little playgroup is around 15 babies strong now, all around 1 year old. My daughter will grow up with these kids, so thank god we love their parents too!

If you have a parents group that meets, I would love to arrange a photo shoot with you. I did one for a friend in New Jersey and it was really fun. We scheduled 30-minute sessions all day one weekend and her moms group friends came by her home with their children.  The $50 session fee includes a cd or online album (password protected) of the best shots of their baby, child or family. The host will receive a $5 print bonus for every family they bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment