Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Inspiration Wednesday: Brooklyn Autism Center


Detail of Gate at the Queens Zoo, Kristin Burns

After last week's blog post on Autism Speaks, one of the families who is interested in having me take photos of their daughter recommended her school, the Brooklyn Autism Center. I'm excited to announce that I will be there for a day in November for portraits of their participating students. I would love to become a resource for parents with children who may not do so well in a studio photography setting. I'm hopeful that I can show each child's personality in their photos.

I'm still learning more and more about the school, but already love their 1 to 1 student/teacher ratio and focus on a variety of learning techniques. The director told me that the students are even horseback riding! As someone who has loved riding since childhood, I hope to participate in their therapeutic (and just plain fun!) rides in the future too. Can't wait to share with you my experience next month at the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment