Thursday, October 1, 2009

October goals & review of September


Who you callin' chicken? I'm brave enough to post these monthly goals, aren't I?

Ah, that calendar really snuck up on me this month. I was busy but still building and definitely need to book more sessions next month. I feel much more caught up on the logistics side of my business. Yay Kristin Burns Baby Photo. A good place to be!

Here were my goals for the month of September. I think I did pretty well for my first real month promoting my work.

1. Get the word out!
- Submit application for Sunnyside Craft Fair 
Even better, I teamed up with 3 other local women to have a table together. I'm very excited about this - only 9 more days. Come on by if you're in NYC 10/10:

Sunnyside Gardens Park Oktoberfest
October 10th, 12-5
 39th Ave & 49th St
Sunnyside NY

- Post photo cards at some local businesses once they arrive (est. delivery 9/4) done
- Twitter daily at kburnsphoto done

2. Turn that word into action!
- Book 3 new clients for September photo shoots  done
- Contact past clients about print ordering and testimonials print orders done, still not sure about whether to do the testimonials yet

3. Plan ahead for a busy Fall!
- Schedule 1 Boston-area day of mini-sessions done but still not fully booked yet
- Research holiday card ideas started but I think I need to talk to some clients more about what they are looking for first

4. Enhance my website!
- Upload online gallery done!!!! This was a big one
- Add testimonials/client reviews see above

OK - on to October. A lot of the same goals, with new methods.


1. Get the word out!
- really talk to people at the fair next weekend and give out lots of info
- research local businesses to line up a second location for in-store photo shoots. Loved doing it at April Glass and think a second place would help both do better
- plan Launch Party & ask friends to each put up a few cards in their neighborhoods & spread the word

2. Turn that word into action!
- finish filling the sessions for the Boston shoot 10/24
- publicise the April Glass shoot 10/17
- book 3 in-home sessions

3. Plan ahead for a busy Fall!
- finalize holiday card designs
- contact past clients about printing again

4. Enhance my website!
- I'm pretty happy with this but possibly updating the contact section to make it more user friendly. Embedding an email form?

Once again thank you to Modish Biz Tips for keeping us all honest, focused and collaborative in our goals this month. Hope you all are doing great with your businesses too.

No comments:

Post a Comment