Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Are you a Facebook fan?



I set up a fan page on Facebook and like it so far. It's a bit bizarre to have fans, especially since most of them haven't had me photograph their kids yet - heck, some don't even have kids! But I love the support and it's a great non-evite (why hello, 2001!) way to spread info about upcoming events, specials, whatever.

Facebook itself is such a strange system to me. On one hand, it has allowed me to stay in touch with way more people than this non-letter-writer, rare phone-caller could otherwise manage. Some people had been out of my life for a while and are just now getting back in, which is really wonderful. And also get closer with newer friends who I don't see as often as I would like. But it's a very shallow sort of intimacy though, when I can read what everyone had for dinner but not have that one-on-one conversation that even email gives.

When it comes to babies, the same dichotomy is there. I have seen way more of my friends' (and friends of friends) babies and love seeing how they grow into little people. But please don't quiz me on my former co-worker's daughter's name please!

Actually a fan page on Facebook is kinda perfect for baby photography though. You can get quick glimpses of adorable children while scrolling down your news feed over coffee. Stop by and become a fan if you haven't already. It's a nice way to keep up with everything Kristin Burns Baby Photo-related without much effort on your part. And isn't that what Facebook is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment