Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday fun - parenting advice from PassiveAggressiveNotes.com


All photos courtesy of passiveaggressivenotes.com 

One thing I've learned as a parent is that I have a lot to learn. Luckily there are plenty of people out there more than willing to help me. Ha!

I don't remember when I first started reading PassiveAggressiveNotes.com but it's now one of my favorite time-wasters. People submit notes that they've found at work, in their apartments (inter-roommate passive-aggression is frequent & hilarious), on the street. I don't know whether the notes, the captions or the comments are my favorite part but I've perked up many a slow day with a visit to their site. Who doesn't giggle when confronted with an anonymous note to a sandwich thief or toilet seat dribbler?

And like every other place on Earth, they have a treasure trove of parenting advice. Some of my favorites:


So you're saying I shouldn't buy Juliet a baby-paintballer set for Christmas? These guys even offered free parenting lessons. Not sure 10 is enough.


But what if Jules turns into a self-righteous artwork copywriter? Thank god I've already seen the tragic outcome.


Guess I'd better learn fast or she may suffer the consequences of my failure. Yikes! I guess the cranky old lady at the park who barked at me to put gloves on my daughter when it was 70 degrees out isn't looking that bad now!

2 comments:

  1. wait...where did i just see that sign about giving away kids to gypsys? i remember thinking it was a great sign at the time...there were out of controle kids running around. where did you take it? was it brooklyn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No suck luck, Micki. I wish I saw a sign like that - heck, I'd like to carry that sign next time I have to go to IKEA. These are all from PassiveAggressiveNotes.com

    ReplyDelete