Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November goals


No excuses, we're in the big boy seat now, Santiago
 
Oops, It's already 11/4 and I forgot to post my November monthly goals to Modish Biz Tips.

First looking back on October goals:

1. Get the word out!
- really talk to people at the fair next weekend and give out lots of info done - and it was a lot of fun
- research local businesses to line up a second location for in-store photo shoots. Loved doing it at April Glass and think a second place would help both do better need to do
- plan Launch Party & ask friends to each put up a few cards in their neighborhoods & spread the word need to do

2. Turn that word into action!
- finish filling the sessions for the Boston shoot 10/24 done
- publicize the April Glass shoot 10/17 done
- book 3 in-home sessions done

3. Plan ahead for a busy Fall!
- finalize holiday card designs done - a big one!
- contact past clients about printing again need to do

4. Enhance my website!
- I'm pretty happy with this but possibly updating the contact section to make it more user friendly. Embedding an email form? decided against

Pretty simple this month after a busy October:

1. Pick new local business to host Mini-sessions
2. Schedule Boston shoot for early December
3. Autism photo shoot
4. Compile email mailing list
5. Spread word about holiday cards
6. Seek out more photo editing work

October went pretty well. My main accomplishment is figuring out a good work-flow for planning, shooting, proofing and delivering photos. And organizing my tax/finance side. And figuring out that everyone wants to book shoots on the weekends. All good things!

Which means I now have more time for photo editing/production jobs during the week after taking a break to launch my baby photo business last month. Check out my photo editing and producing site to see examples of past work. It's so much fun for me to balance my own photography with finding great photos for other companies!

No comments:

Post a Comment