Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy birthday Sesame Street!


 Catherine relaxed and enjoyed her photo session immediately after cuddling with Elmo - Kristin Burns

Today is Sesame Street's 40th birthday! This makes me happy, reminds me I'm old and means I can share memories of it with my daughter one day. One resident of the show's city neighborhood (way back in the 70's, a bit of a slum) who keeps showing up at my photo shoots is Elmo.

 Alone for once (usually clutched protectively) - Kristin Burns

A Muppet not quite 40, but beloved by many a young person for his quirky humor, kindness & sense of wonder. Hopefully the Children's Broadcasting Network will see this as tribute or homage. C is for copyright.

That mouth is made for little fingers like Mikayla's - Kristin Burns

Here's today's 40th anniversary show with Elmo helping the First Lady with her garden.



See he's helpful too - a lovely role model for my daughter! Michelle Obama ain't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment