Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Of Mad Men and Barbies


photo credit: courtesy AMC

Hooray to Mad Men & 30 Rock winning the top Emmy awards Sunday! Love both shows.

Watching this week's Mad Men episode today (damn you iTunes season pass delay!), the scenes with Sally & the Barbie brought me back to my childhood 20 years after hers.

Ah Barbie - is there a more bizarre interpreter of what's going on in whatever year the various editions arrive? I remember my 1984 Day-to-Night Barbie. I'm still waiting for the fashion world to give me my reversible work-to-date skirt!



In case that was too much retro for one day, here's Sally's cocktail cheat sheet (care of Nobody's Sweetheart - check out her other illustrations on Flickr)  quench your thirst. Baby, fix me a cocktail.


No comments:

Post a Comment