Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inspiration Wednesday



This week's inspiration comes from my love of all things local. From the farmer's market, wine bar, spa, grocery store - our neighborhood makes it easy to spend money in locally owned or run businesses every day. Why spend locally? When you do, more money is funneled right back into your neighborhood or town through tax revenue, employing your neighbors and more local spending.

Which is why I also love the 3/50 Project which encourages you to get out there in your community and spend $50 3 times a month. Will this totally replace your weekend trips to Target or Trader Joe's? Probably not, but it's a great start.

In my case, it's also good business. I have been able to work with local shops to promote my photography and build relationships with our small businesspeople. All while getting to know and (I have to admit, sometimes surprisingly) like my neighbors.

I just joined up as a supporter so soon my name will be listed on their supporter page.

Why not spend on of those $50 goals on a mini-session with me at April Glass (another local business, of course!) on October 17th?

No comments:

Post a Comment