Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bokeh - lighting up a grey January



The gorgeous Oliver & family, complete with glowing orbs of mystery behind them - Kristin Burns

You can't swing a dead cat around a design or photo blog without seeing something about bokeh lately. Wikipedia says the "term comes from the Japanese word boke (暈け or ボケ), which means "blur" or "haze" - all I know is it's pretty.


How to make Andrew, 14, even hipper? Bokeh behind his spiky hair - Kristin Burns

I really like bokeh lights and it turns out Christmas tree lights look pretty cool all blurry. I usd the effect in a few of my holiday portrait photo shoots last month and my clients all flocked to those particular shots.


Bokeh glows almost as much as Erin's smile - Kristin Burns

There are some products out there to help you make cool shaped bokeh. But I enjoyed Lifehacker's tutorial for do-it-yourselfers. Maybe some heart shaped bokeh for Valentine's Day shoots? I'm starting to book up for the upcoming weekends so call or email me soon for your baby or child to have a session too.

No comments:

Post a Comment