Thursday, February 11, 2010

Zara, or what to wear?

 
Primping makes perfect

Potential clients ask me all the time if they should plan on more than one outfit for their baby's photo shoot. As a mom, I think an extra shirt just makes sense in world of spit-up, drool and other potential spills. Just in case. On the other hand, when the shoot is a short one like my 30-minute mini sessions, it's not always a good idea to break up the flow if the child is relaxed and happy by trying to change their outfit halfway through. In your own home, why not try a second look?

 
First outfit, a lush red dress

When you have a baby like Zara, even the "behind the scenes" photos are gorgeous.

 
Costume change!
Hey, when it works, it works. What I love is that by shooting digital in natural daylight (instead of the traditional studio set-up), I can adapt to the situation and quickly move around whatever space we're in to find just the right spot - even down to cool color combos. 

 Still sweet and calm in outfit #2

I don't think I would have put Zara in front of the funky blue background in the red dress, but her ivory sweater is neutral enough that her sweet face is still the star of this photo.

When I go into families' homes I'm always on the lookout for the best spots to photograph their children - nice warm light, cool textures and colors. In Zara's case, 2 outfits meant more variety for her photos and a nice break for her. When you book a shoot with me, I'll work to make sure your child enjoys their shoot just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment