Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February Goals - Getting down to *gulp* business

 Juliet - my fearless assistant & muse - Kristin Burns

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started 
is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable
tasks, and then starting on the first one." -- Mark Twain
 
A day late, sure, but I was busy pretending yesterday was the last day of January so I could cross off one big goal from last month's list. Every month, The Meetup members post our goals at Athena Dreams, look back at the previous month's list, and encourage each other to focus.


First a look back at my January goals :
1. Update photo galleries with new work - nope
2. Prepare for upcoming art fairs - nope
3. Reach out to people I admire for more support & ideas, including adding a blog-roll here - nope
4. Blog ahead more - nope
5. Schedule 3 in home shoots - nope

It looks like I got nothing done! But I actually just did a crappy job of writing goals. I actually accomplished quite a bit - got our taxes squared away, started working with another Meetup member photographing her work, photographed a baptism, sold 4 matted prints of my art photography, entered the Annual PDN competition & most importantly signed up for the 6-week business course at Bakery. I also embraced my time at home with my daughter by cooking, coloring and dancing with her in my downtime.

On to February :
2. Take photos for our local wine bar's website
3. Reach out to people I admire for more support & ideas, including adding a blog-roll here
4. Blog ahead more
5. Schedule 3 in home shoots

If more gets done, so be it!

10 comments:

  1. Oh cool, you're gong to be there too! I worked on my biz plan last night, started to anyway, making notes and lists and like that. Hope the bakery goes really really well for you and wow, here comes February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about not writing out goals well and then it seems like you got nothing done. I was just thinking the same thing about my goals list. I think that getting your taxes done counts for double credit, at least!

    And horray, we're classmates again!! I'm super-psyched (and a bit nervous) about Bakery, but I think it will be for the best. Cheers to us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to see how the Bakery class goes for everyone! I missed the sign up date, so I'll have to participate next time for sure.

    Oh, and scheduling blog posts in advance is a beautiful thing. I just discovered it a couple weeks ago and I love it. Good luck with everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might not be as satisfying as crossing things off the list, but you got a lot done for Jan - yeah for finished taxes!! Also, so excited so many of us are taking the Bakery class!! Hope you have a great Feb!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, when I do things that I didn't put on my beginning list - I put them on, just to cross them off! Yay for getting credit for things! (This of course is my own odd need) And getting your taxes done in JANUARY! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definatley got a lot done despite not being able to check anything off your list. It's good you still included them so we could see your achievements. Well done! Good luck for next month's goals and I'd like to be added to your blogroll if you like my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the same thing last month too. I only got one thing crossed off my list, but I did every other thing that wasn't on my list lol.

    As long as you feel accomplished & moving forward, then you're on the right path. Good luck on this month's goals. It seems a lot of you are taking that course so I hope to read positive reviews on it. Take care `=o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments, guys! Isa Maria, I just added you blog - if you'd like to add mine I'd love that too.

    Great idea about adding more to my list later in the month just to cross it off - that's SO my style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get not explaining goals, b/c you did a LOT last month! Best to you in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, Juliet is a cutie pie! Love the photo. Sorry it's taken me so long to get here... Sounds like January was very productive and I'm loving all the Meetup gals taking the Bakery course! Hope it goes well. And thanks so much for adding me to your blogroll!

    ReplyDelete