Friday, January 8, 2010

January Goals and Busy December review

 
 Buck up, chica, January isn't that bad! Diana 12.19.09 Kristin Burns

Last month was the end of Jena's Modish Biz Tips monthly meetup, but luckily Liz at Athena Dreams has picked up the reigns. Welcome to all the amazing Meetup group! I'm hoping for more of the encouragment and inspiration from everyone here! Please comment with your blog/site so I can check out your goals this month too.

Although my goals are a week late (due as much to enjoying my husband's winter break from his PhD studies as to my procrastination) I think they're still going to get done.




First a look back at my December goals:

1. Really enjoy the holiday season with my friends and family - Done, with gusto!
2. Have fun at the chaotic, busy but rewarding days of shoots - be they in-home, mini-sessions or, gasp, Santa - Done, never had a busier $$$-er month as a photographer
3. Purchase/order/make thoughtful gifts for my favorite people - I hope so
4. Taxes! - Pushed to this month to take advantage of a fabulous new accountant
5. Reach out to people I admire for more support & ideas - Some but not enough 

Feeling a bit unmotivated this month. I really think I would have been smart to schedule some of the 765846 December shoots in January instead but I was really trying to get everything done before the holidays so my clients would have photos to share with their families. Now I've lost some of the momentum that carried (or possibly drove along tidal wave style) me through December.

Enough griping, here's January's goals:

1. Update photo galleries with new work
2. Prepare for upcoming art fairs
3. Reach out to people I admire for more support & ideas, including adding a blog-roll here
4. Blog ahead more
5. Schedule 3 in home shoots



6 comments:

  1. Take each day as it comes so you don't get too overwhelmed or unmotivated. Good luck on your goals! `=O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo - SOunds like you need some serious down time! I'm thinking that when you have a busy month like Dec you're allowed to let some of the goals slide! Now when you look back here next October you'll remember how crazy busy you were it at least expect it!

    Good luck with january!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of reaching out to people for support, so important, but can be scary to do!Best wishes for your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your january goals - sounds like you had an amzing december! good luck w the tax accountant!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder Kristen, that one about taking on too much and making it all happen, and then totally loosing steam. I do that ALL the time and then find myself wondering what happened. Love your #3, totally wonderful idea. Have a great rest of January!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were busy and enjoyed your family during the holidays! Good luck with your goals for the rtest of this month!

    ReplyDelete