Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Inspiration Wednesday: Meaningful gifts, week 4



As homemade as I got this year - paper snowflakes for the tree.

Ho ho ho! This week snuck up on me. Aided by a stomach bug that hit our whole family, I've been off the computer more than I'd like. But I wanted to share my last week of holiday gift inspirations.

Making homemade gifts can help save money & simplify your list. Who wouldn't like yummy truffles or relaxing bath balls? Here are some of my favorite ideas (that you'll still have time to make before Christmas) on the web.



I've seen instructions for making these on several sites but leave it to Martha to have the easiest to follow directions. So break out some old jelly jars and kitschy figurines. Also beautiful with costume jewelry or orphaned kids' toys.



Instructables breaks down even the most complex project into steps with helpful photos and comments. I like the variations on the bath bomb - you can customize different essential oils and colors to your giftee.



I am not a fan of cutesy or country, but this stationery takes both and makes a kinda mod finished product. The method Home Made Simple lays out would work with leaves, small pine boughs and even your child's hand-print.

Need more ideas? I love 100 Homemade Gift Ideas and hope to make more of her ideas next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment